By Anne Alexander,Mostafa Bassiouny
Drawing at the authors' decade-long adventure of reporting on and studying the Egyptian labour move, the ebook presents the 1st in-depth account of the emergence of autonomous exchange unions and employees' militancy in the course of Mubarak's final years in energy, and and their destabilising influence at the post-revolutionary regimes.
Read or Download Bread, Freedom, Social Justice: Workers and the Egyptian Revolution PDF
Similar labour & industrial relations books
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Written by means of Anne Romanis Braun, a former employees member of the IMF's learn division, this quantity bargains with the character of salary choice and the matter of securing an economically acceptable improvement of cash earning in an open economic system over the medium term.
Within the early years of the 20th century, newcomer farmers and migrant Mexicans cast a brand new global in South Texas. in precisely a decade, this significant sector, formerly thought of too remoted and desolate for large-scale agriculture, turned one of many usa' so much profitable farming areas and one in all its worst locations to paintings.
Handed in June 1940, the Smith Act used to be a peacetime anti-sedition legislation that marked a dramatic shift within the felony definition of loose speech security in the United States through criminalizing the advocacy of disloyalty to the govt. by way of strength. It additionally criminalized the acts of printing, publishing, or allotting whatever advocating such sedition and made it unlawful to prepare or belong to any organization that did an identical.
- They Never Come Back: A Story of Undocumented Workers from Mexico
- Employment Contracts and Well-Being Among European Workers (Contemporary Employment Relations)
- Leverage of the Weak: Labor and Environmental Movements in Taiwan and South Korea (Social Movements, Protest and Contention)
- Struggle for the Soul of the Postwar South: White Evangelical Protestants and Operation Dixie (Working Class in American History)
- Fighting for Total Person Unionism: Harold Gibbons, Ernest Calloway, and Working-Class Citizenship (Working Class in American History)
Additional resources for Bread, Freedom, Social Justice: Workers and the Egyptian Revolution