By Jan Robert Factor
- First complete e-book at the American lobster on account that Herrick's century-old monograph
- Provides the most important heritage for neurobiologists who use this crustacean as a version organism
- Contains a complete therapy of the lobster fishery and its management
Read Online or Download Biology of the Lobster: Homarus Americanus PDF
Similar marine biology books
Each one publication has major goals1. be sure baseline concentrations of metals and metalloids in tissues of consultant box populations of estuarine coastal, and open ocean organisms (Book 1:algae and macrophytes, protists, sponges, coelenterates, molluscs, crustaceans, bugs, chaetognaths, annelids, echinoderms, and tunicates) (Book 2: elasmobranchs, fishes, reptiles, birds, mammals) and their value to organism wellbeing and fitness and to the wellbeing and fitness in their shoppers.
In accordance with the cloth offered at a convention geared up via the Centre d’Océanologie of Marseille, held in 2008, this article covers a wealth of sizzling subject matters relating to the way in which mankind interacts with the marine setting. With the nation of our oceans and seas changing into an expanding resource of outrage around the world, this well timed addition to the controversy positive factors the most recent study in either France and Japan.
This quantity offers a reconstruction of the formation of the environmental stipulations and biota within the present-day Baltic Sea zone over the past glacial cycle and thereafter below the impact of extra-terrestrial, climatic and geological factors. Abiotic stipulations within the modern Baltic Sea (water salinity, temperature, oxygen and lightweight stipulations, currents and different water events) are characterised and during this historical past the normal nearby method of the ocean has been generated.
This e-book bargains an ecosystem-oriented evaluation of the variety, ecological function, and biotechnological purposes of marine fungi in addition to an in-depth creation to the marine setting, fungal type, and ecological rules. It additionally provides the newest study findings on coastal marine and oceanic ecosystems, akin to mangrove, seagrass, salt marsh, algal, coral reef and benthic ecosystems.
- Pesticide Residues in Coastal Tropical Ecosystems: Distribution, Fate and Effects
- Biology and Ecology of Anguillid Eels
- Humpback Dolphins (Sousa spp.): Current Status and Conservation, Part 2 (Advances in Marine Biology)
- Evolutionary Biology of the Atlantic Salmon
- Management Science in Fisheries: An introduction to simulation-based methods (Earthscan Oceans)
Extra info for Biology of the Lobster: Homarus Americanus