By Elizabeth S. Radcliffe
- Demonstrates the diversity of Hume's paintings and illuminates the continuing debates that it has generated
- Organized by means of topic, with introductions to every part to orient the reader
- Explores themes akin to wisdom, ardour, morality, faith, economics, and politics
- Examines the paradoxes of Hume's idea and his legacy, masking the tools, subject matters, and outcomes of his contributions to philosophy
Read or Download A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
Initially released in 1984, this quantity records Bertrand Russell’s travels in the US overlaying the interval 1945-1970. it really is awarded in halves with the 1st a biographical account of Russell’s involvement with the USA, with precise connection with the seven visits he made there in this period of time.
Those that knew the well-known thinker Bertrand Russell on the flip of the century spoke of him as 'the Day of Judgement'. This acclaimed number of his early letters, on hand in paperback for the 1st time, unearths the whole scope of Russell's lifestyles and innermost techniques as much as the 1st international conflict.
Nelson Goodman's popularity and critique of yes tools and tenets of positivism, his defence of nominalism and phenomenalism, his formula of a brand new riddle of induction, his paintings on notational structures, and his research of the humanities position him on the vanguard of the historical past and improvement of yankee philosophy within the twentieth-century.
Erasmus: His lifestyles, Works, and effect is a complete advent to Erasmus's existence, works, and options. It integrates the simplest scholarship of the previous 20 years and should attract undergraduates in all components of cultural background in addition to Erasmus specialists.
- Notebooks 1951-1959
- Switching Channels: Organization and Change in TV Broadcasting
- Miracles with My Master, TARA SINGH: Applications of A Course in Miracles
- Kant: A Biography
- I Siciliani (Italian Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)